Friday, May 10, 2019

Reading Recommendations Needed


I was looking at my reading list of books I hope to get to by the end of the summer and noticed that I had some spaces left to add a few books to end out my summer reading. I immediately wanted something light with a lot of romance. I took a quick peek and noticed that I needed to broaden my horizons a little bit. I have quite a few books that fit into the LGBTQ+ category on my general 'to be read' list but noticed many of the the ones that were light in tone were offering m/m relationships.  The ones that I found that did offer a f/f relationship were either sci-fi or of a darker tone. Those titles are great and I am excited to eventually read them but I wanted something a bit more rom-com-ish to end my summer reading with.

I did a quick search and couldn't really seem to find any non m/m books that fit this description ... at least ones that are currently out. I have read Her Royal Highness which was perfectly adorable, and am excited to read The Falling In Love Montage by Ciara Smyth once it releases, but I am looking for something that I can pick up this summer.

This leads me to this purpose of this post. I want suggestions of books that I can read that fit the above description. Any lighter, fun books that would be classified as LGBTQ+ but are not m/m. I suspect there isn't going to be a ton to choose from (and hope that is changing) but I would appreciate any that can be sent my way.

Comment below, send them via Twitter (@kathycoe), or even email me suggestions. They don't even necessarily have to be young adult reads so please feel free to send along anything you think might fit.

I'll post an update with a list of the recommendations I get (if I mange to get sent any) so that everyone can see the titles that were suggested.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone recommends and hopefully adding a few more books to my summer reading pile.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried The Summer Of Jordi Perez by Amy Spalding? I enjoyed that one last year, it's about two female fashion interns competing for the same job, but they're also falling for each other at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...