Wednesday, December 11, 2019

2020 Most Anticipated - More Than Maybe


The next book in my 2020 Most Anticipated event is one that incorporates both a character's love of music and blogging about something you love. It also happens to be written by an author whose debut novel I really enjoyed.


More Than Maybe by Erin Hahn seems poised to be one of 2020's must read young adult contemporary novels. It also happens to have an adorable cover.


The Goodreads synopsis seems to promise a fun, contemporary young adult read, but if Erin's first book is anything to go by we can also expect some angst. 
Growing up under his punk rocker dad’s spotlight, eighteen-year-old Luke Greenly knows fame and wants nothing to do with it. His real love isn’t in front of a crowd, it’s on the page. Hiding his gift and secretly hoarding songs in his bedroom at night, he prefers the anonymous comfort of the locally popular podcast he co-hosts with his outgoing and meddling, far-too-jealousy-inspiringly-happy-with-his-long-term-boyfriend twin brother, Cullen. But that’s not Luke’s only secret. He also has a major un-requited crush on music blogger, Vada Carsewell.

Vada’s got a five year plan: secure a job at the Loud Lizard to learn from local legend (and her mom’s boyfriend) Phil Josephs (check), take over Phil’s music blog (double check), get accepted into Berkeley’s prestigious music journalism program (check, check, check), manage Ann Arbor’s summer concert series and secure a Rolling Stone internship. Luke Greenly is most definitely NOT on the list. So what if his self-deprecating charm and out-of-this-world music knowledge makes her dizzy? Or his brother just released a bootleg recording of Luke singing about some mystery girl on their podcast and she really, really wishes it was her?
I cannot wait to see the music playlist for this, and what details get worked into the story. Does Vada get that Rolling Stone internship? Is the song really about her (of course it is!)? All things that make me want to read this as soon as I can.

My top three reasons for wanting to read More Than Maybe:

1. I really enjoyed You'd Be Mine and have been eagerly anticipating whatever Erin wrote next. 

2. Music. Music. Music. I hope there is an awesome playlist for this. I cannot wait to see all of the different ways music is incorporated into not only the plot but the romance that is sure to develop.

3. The characters are a blogger and a podcaster. I am looking forward to seeing how that manifests itself into their personalities and the overall plot of the story. I do hope it is a prominent part of who these characters are, and from the synopsis it certainly seems like it is.


More Than Maybe releases May 12, 2020 but you can pre-order it right now from any retailer (or get it with those holiday gift cards).

You can find out more about Erin by following her on Twitter, and by visiting her her website. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Do you love books that incorporate music in some way into the plot? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the next book on my 2020 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...