Monday, December 23, 2019

2020 Movies I Am Excited About



I spent almost three weeks telling you all about the books that I am excited about in 2020. Today I thought I would share the movies that I am looking forward to in 2020.

This is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list. There will be plenty of movies that we haven't even heard about that will release towards the end of the year. There will be movies that get delayed and end up not being released this year.

I decided to cap it at ten movies and they are in no particular order.

1. Promising Young Woman - Such a great trailer and a unique take on the story being told is what caught my attention. Carey Mulligan looks fantastic in it, and I cannot wait to see the conversations that start from this movie. I am half excited and half dreading them.

2. Into The Heights - All I really need to know is that it is a musical and that Lin Manuel Miranda is involved. It's a bonus that the trailer looks incredible.

3. Deep Water - Based on the book from Patricia Highsmith (who has written many other books turned into good films) this caught my attention both because of some of the cast and the synopsis. I love a good murder mystery.

4. Nightmare Alley - This has the biggest chance of not coming out this year, but it sounds amazing. A stellar cast, Guillermo del Toro directing, and a great sounding synopsis. It revolves around a con-man and a therapist who team up to con people out of their money.

5. Happiest Season - Kristen Stewart has been making interesting choices lately and this seems to be one that might catch some awards attention. Directed by Clea DuVall it revolves around a woman wanting to propose to her girlfriend over the holidays only to discover that her girlfriend hasn't come out to her conservative parents.

6. Babylon - This is director Damien Chazelle's next movie and it is rumoured to be about Hollywood and will star Emma Stone as actress Clara Bow. It rumouredly looks at the transition from silent movies to 'talkies'.

7. Supernova - This stars Stanley Tucci and Colin Firth as a couple traveling across England revisiting family, friends, and places that are important to them, something even more important now that one of them has been diagnosed with early onset dementia. This screams Oscar bait and I hope it is as good as it sounds.

8. I’m Thinking of Ending Things - The cast has me super excited for this one! It stars Toni Collette, Jesse Plemons, and Jessie Buckley. It's based off the novel by Iain Reid.

9. Mank - This revolves around the making of Citizen Cane, has an actor I like playing Orsen Wells, and is apparently focused on screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz.

10. Blonde - Not much is known about this one yet, except that it is about Marilyn Monroe. Ana de Armas (whom I liked in Knives Out) starts as the famous blonde and it appears to look at her early life.

What movies are you looking forward to in 2020? Let me know in the comments. I am always looking to hear about movies that may have flown under my radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...