Monday, May 3, 2021

Month TBR and Wrap Up

It is May which means I am officially kicking off my summer reading season. I do not care that it is technically not yet summer yet. Give me all the sweet romance reads and twisty thrillers. 

April was a much better reading month. It was a strange month because we entered a new lockdown here in Ontario and my birthday was not what I was hoping for but it got warmer and I was able to get more sun and take some walks. I'd say it was a pretty mixed month and I am very much looking forward to the summer and hopefully getting vaccinated soon. 

Before sharing what I hope to read this month I have to recap April first.

The books that were on my list are:

Marriage For One by Ella Maise (goodreads)
When No One Is Watching by Alyssa Cole (goodreads)
The Duke and I by Julia Quinn (goodreads)

Plus I had some ebooks on my list:

Written in The Stars by Alexandra Bellefleur (goodreads)
Kate In Waiting by Becky Albertalli (goodreads)
The Other Mrs. Miller by Allison M Dickson (goodreads)

Here is what I managed to read in April:

Written in The Stars by Alexandra Bellefleur (goodreads)
The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix (goodreads)
The Other Mrs Miller by Allison M Dickson (goodreads)
The Obsession by Jesse Q Sutanto (goodreads)
Kate In Waiting by Becky Albertalli (goodreads)
Marriage For One by Ella Maise (goodreads)

I am happy that I managed to read 6 books this month. It is something I hope to repeat in May. I have a week of vacation coming up so I am feeling pretty good about my chances. 
 
My #PopCultureResolution book for April was The Other Mrs. Miller by Allison M Dickson. The movie was Frankenstein. I reviewed both the book and the movie if you are interested in checking those out. I, obviously, did not get to When No One Is Watching by Alyssa Cole but I will this month. I actually got ahead on one of my reading challenges so I should easily be able to double up this month.

Here is what I hope to read in May:


When No One Is Watching by Alyssa Cole (goodreads)

I also have some (okay I have a lot) ebooks I am hoping to get to:





Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard (goodreads)
Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson (goodreads)
The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James (goodreads)
Animal by Lisa Taddeo (goodreads)
Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid (goodreads)
Elizabeth and Monty by Charles Casillo (goodreads)
One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston (goodreads)
Pumpkin by Julie Murphy (goodreads)

My #PopCultureResolution picks for this month are The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James and Final Girls. I am looking forward to both of them and am very curious to see if I love Final Girls as much as I am anticipating. 

Next up is an update on my two reading challenges:

May's pick for my '12 friends, 12 books' reading challenge is Written In The Stars. I already read it this month because my library hold came in. This means I will not have a book to read for this month.

The book for April, Marriage For One, was a read I ended up enjoying. Look for a review soonish.

Jan - The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Kelly)

Feb - 
The Birthday List by Deveny Perry (Emilie)

Mar - Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine Von Radics (Ciara)

April - Marriage for One by Ella Maise (Katie)

May - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (Christy)

June -  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (Christa)

July - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Jess)

August -  The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt (Christa)

Sept - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (Meaghan)

Oct -   Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (Katrina)

Nov - Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott (Kim)

Dec - Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney (Julia)

As for the reading challenge inspired by The Bachelor I have scratched two more books off this list. I finished Kate In Waiting and Marriage for One. I should have Realm Breaker to scratch off next month if all goes according to plan! 

1. Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant
2. If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
3. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
4. Further to Fall by Catherine Cowles
5. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
6. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams
7. My Favorite Souvenir by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland
8. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
9. Marriage for One by Ella Maise
10. Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks by Nathan Burgoine
11. Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard
12. Open Book by Jessica Simpson
13. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

What books are you reading this month? Have you read any of the ones on my list? If so, let me know what you thought in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...