Tuesday, December 14, 2021

2022 Most Anticipated - The Weight of Blood

The next (and last) book on this year's most anticipated list is another one that is inspired by a classic movie/classic novel. I haven't seen many books take inspiration from Stephen King's Carrie but I am excited that this one is.


Tiffany D Jackson's books are some of my favourites and her upcoming one, The Weight of Blood, is definitely on my most anticipated list.


There is not a fully Goodreads synopsis yet but there is a brief description from the deal announcement.
The Weight of Blood is a remix of Stephen King's Carrie set at a school's first integrated prom
How amazing does this sound?! This brief description is enough to catch my attention and I cannot wait to find out more about it!

1. The Carrie inspiration is an obvious reason I want to read this. I am very curious to see what Tiffany D Jackson does with this.

2. The potential for it to be a historical novel. The blub doesn't specify that it is, but it mentions the setting is a school's first integrated prom. This can have many different time frames (depending on when it was set) and I am excited to find out what time frame it is set in.

3. I have loved every other Tiffany D Jackson book that I have read and this one seems even more in my wheelhouse 


The Weight of Blood releases September 6, 2022. A spooky season release date for a spooky sounding book. It is already up for preorder at some retailers. 


You can find out more by following Tiffany's Twitter or visiting her website. You can also find out more about her books by visiting the publisher website.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for one last post wrapping up my 2022 most anticipated list. Are you also a fan of Tiffany D Jackson's books? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...