Thursday, July 12, 2012

Friday Hops!


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Q: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?

Well I have always been the "go to" person for my friends when it came to book recommendations. I started blogging so that all of them could see my opinions in one place. Also, I read a book called Stolen by Lucy Christopher and I had to tell everyone how amazing it is.

TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads

This weeks question is

Quotes That Make You Swoon: What are some of the most swoon-worthy quotes you've experienced in a book?

I have so many quotes that I love.

We'll start with one from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
“Once upon a time, there was a girl who talked to the moon. And she was mysterious and she was perfect, in that way that girls who talk to moons are. In the house next door, there lived a boy. And the boy watched the girl grow more and more perfect, more and more beautiful with each passing year. He watched her watch the moon. And he began to wonder if the moon would help him unravel the mystery of the beautiful girl. So the boy looked into the sky. But he couldn't concentrate on the moon. He was too distracted by the stars. And it didn't matter how many songs or poems had already been written about them, because whenever he thought about the girl, the stars shone brighter. As if she were the one keeping them illuminated.

One day, the boy had to move away. He couldn't bring the girl with him, so he brought the stars. When he'd look out his window at night, he would start with one. One star. And the boy would make a wish on it, and the wish would be her name. 
At the sound of her name, a second star would appear. And then he'd wish her name again, and the stars would double into four. And four became eight, and eight became sixteen, and so on, in the greatest mathematical equation the universe had ever seen. And by the time an hour had passed, the sky would be filled with so many stars that it would wake the neighbors. People wondered who'd turned on the floodlights. 
The boy did. By thinking about the girl.”  
What woman would not want something like this said to her? Cricket Bell....sigh.

The next swoon worthy line comes from The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
“I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once.”  
I love how this sounds when you say it. It has a beauty to it, and is 100% how I view love. You fall slowly and once you do it's all at once.

My third choice is from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
“I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.”  
There is just something about this quote that make me swoon. It's really beautiful.

Lastly, this quote isn't from the actual novel. It's from a point of view that the author teased. Technically, it would take place during The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. It comes from Noah's point of view and is posted on her website.
"She stands in the crowd; with her curves wrapped in emerald silk and her dark hair in luscious curls, Mara looks like a pin-up I want to unpin."
It's from the costume party scene and SWOON! It's sexy and picturing it said in a British accent makes it even more so.

Happy Weekend!

9 comments:

  1. This is the best way to brag away and not drive anyone nuts.

    Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reasons to start a blog!Good answer
    new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends also ask me book to recommend to them! New Follower! :)

    My Follow Friday: http://shatterbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/tgif-4-follow-friday-3.html

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cool that Stolen inspired you to start a book blog in addition to giving your friends recommendations. It's a great book.

    Have a great weekend, Kathy!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an old follower, and I agree, it's a great way both for our friends, and for us to have all our views on books in one place!

    Here's my FF post so you can see why I started blogging.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure many of my RL friends read my reviews... at least unless I tell them to! :-) New follower from FF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice answer, have a great week-end.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answer! I try to direct my friends to my blog when they want something new to read.

    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love giving book recommendations! And btw, I love the title of your blog. :-)

    Old follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...