Saturday, July 7, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Cover for Scarlet by Marissa Meyer


Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.This picture may not be the best quality as the original image is so tiny. I LOVE this cover. It matches Cinder beautifully and sets the tone of Scarlet's story. I am DYING to get my hands on a copy of this!

The Cage by Megan Shepherd

Megan has a trilogy starting soon called The Madman's Daughter (which sounds awesome), but has already sold a new series that intrigues me as well. Here is the brief description
THE CAGE is a TWILIGHT ZONE-esque sci-fi which follows six teens who are put in an elaborate "human zoo" by a powerful and psychic otherworldly race known as The Kindred, and one girl's attempts to escape without falling for her terrifyingly beautiful captor. 
AMAZING right? Seriously, I say it every year but 2014 looks to be even more amazing than previous years. I can't wait.

MOVIES

Magic Mike

Yes again! Still obsessed. The guys are hot, the moves are slick, and the storyline didn't suck. This movie was much darker than I was expecting it to be. The second half especially got pretty dark. It takes you into this world, and the temptations are plentiful.

Channing Tatum can dance his butt off. Seriously, I knew he could dance, but WHOA! His second solo especially was pretty mind blowing. He is great at the whole "movie flirt" thing. Alex Pettyfer played his role really well too. It also doesn't hurt that he's totally hot.

It is one of those movies I would see again for sure!

So what you are obsessed with this week?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just won Cinder in a giveaway....OMG i seriously need to finish it soon

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...