In no particular order, my top ten reads of 2012 at the half year point are.....
1 Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin (goodreads/ my review)
2 This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel (goodreads/ my review)
3 Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siohban Vivian (goodreads)
4 Gilt by Katherine Longshore (goodreads/ my review)
5 Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood (goodreads/ my review)
6 Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (goodreads)
7 Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock (goodreads\ my review)
8 I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga (goodreads/ my review)
9 Cinder by Marissa Meyer (goodreads/ my review)
10 Insurgent by Veronica Roth (goodreads/ my review)
Some of you may recall my Bucket List post. I am going to post it again and scratch off the ones I have completed. I figured this would be a good time to do a check in on that as well.
My Bucket List
1. Annotate and scribble and highlight a book I really loved and send it to the author. I’d mark my favourite quotes. Parts that made me cry and laugh and smile and ache. *this was such an awesome idea I had to borrow it*
2. Send a little thank you gift to a fellow blogger who has helped me (or otherwise made an impact).
3. Leave a note in a book at a bookstore detailing how much I loved the book for the person who purchases it to find. *again, awesome idea Audrey*
4. Browse bookstores, have dinner, drink wine and talk books with a fellow blogger.
5. Obtain some sort of bookcase that will fit all my books and protect them from my cat (she likes to eat books). One I could decorate would be a bonus.
6. Send a book on a “book tour” with some papers inside so that the people who receive it can write something before they pass it along. Eventually I will get the book back with all these notes.
7. Take a tour of a Publishing office
8. Send a thank you basket to a publisher contact for all the awesomeness they do for us bloggers.
10. Take a book that is set in a real life location and photograph some of the places mentioned in the book (with the book in it of course).
So I have managed to cross two items off this list. Looking forward to scratching off more.
My other check in is going to be with my 2012 Debut Author list
6. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang (Harper Collins, TBA 2012)
10. Slide by Jill Hathaway (Harper Collins, March 27)
12. Velveteen by Daniel Marks (Random House, TBA 2012)
13. The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett (Tor Teen, TBA 2012)
14. Blind Spot by Laura Ellen (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, TBA 2012)
15. Mystique by Shari Arnold (Chronicle, TBA 2012)
16. Pivot Point by Kasie West (Harper Collins, TBA 2012)
20. Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf (Walker Books, Apr 24)
21. The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams (Simon & Schuster, Jan 3)
22 Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London (Harper Collins, May 29)
26 Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
27 Crewl by Gennifer Albin
28 Splintered by A.G. Howard
30 Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
31 Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
31 Black City by Elizabeth Richards
31 Venom by Fiona Paul
32 The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
I have read 18 of my 34 that I wanted to read. I am sure that I have other debut author books not on my list and may be changing my list as I go along but I feel pretty good at having read 17 already.
Has the time flown by for you as well? This year has gone by super quickly. I can't wait to see what is to come and what wonderful books I will get to read in the second half of 2012!