Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I am now obessed with reading this novel. I can't wait to get my hands on it. My library has a waiting list that is approx 200 people long so it might be awhile but it sounds so good!

Books that stay with you

I have recently read two books that really stuck with me. I don't mean life changing reads or anything, just something about them resonated with me.

We Need To Talk About Kevin haunted me long after I finished it. The ending packed a punch I wasn't expecting and it made me think back and examine things that happened previous in the novel. It makes you think about a horrific event from a perspective I never thought much about before.

The Meryl Streep Movie Club made me want to grab a bunch of my friends and start our own movie club. It is on this list for that reason alone.

MOVIES

The Dark Knight Rises poster


I hadn't seen this one until the other day. OMG! The high heel spike on the Batman symbol! I love it. The lipstick and the XX signature is so Catwoman. It mixes the gothic feel of Chris Nolan's world with the sexiness you would expect from the character. I can not wait to see this movie!

OTHER

500 Followers

Excuse me while I freak out. So, yesterday I surpassed a goal I never expected to hit - I have over 500 followers. I am in awe that anyone is following this little blog. A giveaway will be going up next week (most likely Tuesday) as a thank you to everyone that is following me. Thank you for making this a crazy awesome adventure.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching 500 followers! Also that poster is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. I'm in love with that poster!! And so excited for the new Batman movie!

    Congrats on the 500+ followers, Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 500+ followers! :) The Dark Knight Rises was AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finding myself more and more interested in checking out We Need To Talk About Kevin. I heard it mentioned a while back and it intrigued me, but to now read your amazing thoughts on it? REALLY intrigued! TDKR movie poster looks AWESOME. I haven't actually watched the previous movies, but I kinda want to see this one with all the hype... even though I'll likely be confused haha.

    EEEEEEEEEEE AND CONGRATS ON YOUR 500 FOLLOWERS!! Sorry, 552 now! You're surprised people love you? Psh. You're awesome, but naive :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. That batman poster is definitely awesome! This post is a pretty good idea!

    Jordon @ Miss Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe that I haven't seen ANY of the Batman movies? (Gasp!) lol!

    Congrats on your 500 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catwoman was awesome in this movie! I hadn't seen that cover, but wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an ebook version of Gone Girl that I purchased in an epub format. I'd be happy to RAK it to you! A 200 person wait list sounds just horrifying! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Super nice of you! I would love to read it. You can get in touch with me via email aglassofwineblog@gmail.com if you are still willing to send it. Thank you again so much.

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...