Thursday, July 5, 2012

Friday Hops!


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

Yes! I read a few books I normally would not read and loved them. The biggest surprised was Across the Universe by Beth Revis. I am not a fan of heavy Science Fiction novels, but I ended up really liking this one. I picked it up due to the amazing reviews I kept seeing and decided to give it a chance.


TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads

This weeks question is

Friday, July 6th - Comfort Reads: Which books do you go to for comfort & familiarity? Is there a type of book you seek out when you're needing that extra bit of comfort in your life?

I feel like this is my go to answer but Harry Potter. I always feel better after I've read any of the books. I also tend to read Pride and Prejudice when I am sick. It helps for some reason.

Happy Weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Great answers! I loved Across the Universe too, but I enjoy sci-fi from time to time. Happy Friday :)
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read Across the Universe for a long time. Might have to move it up my list.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'm not a sci-fi fan either, but I suppose a really good story and an exceptional writer can turn us all. I'm a new follower today on the blog. Here's hoping you have a great weekend and a bit of time to pop over to my blog, check out my answers and hopefully follow me back!
    http://kristyberridge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Both HP and P&P are comfort reads. But Twilight is probably the biggest. I'll just turn to a random page if I'm upset and it'll make me feel better.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Across the Universe has popped up a few times. Might have to look into it.

    New follower via GFC

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Across the Universe a couple of months ago too.

    New follower.
    <a href="http://www.escapismfromreality.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-18.html#comment-form>MY FF</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read anything much of science fiction, good post.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Across the Universe is on my TBR, looking forward to it now.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! We're new followers :) Across the Universe is in my TBR pile. I love Sci Fi though, I just haven't gotten to that one yet. I want to, though, badly.

    Here's our FF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a big sci fi fan either, so it's good to hear that you loved Across the Universe! I have it on my goodreads list, but I was still a bit hesitant. It might go on my to read vacation list :p

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/feature-follow-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's great that YA authors are trying their hand at sci fi. I think sci fi can be a great foray into character interaction and character driven books. I also loved Across the Universe!

    I'm a new follower by GFC!

    Would love if you stopped by my blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harry Potter is my go to answer for EVERYTHING :D But yes, I couldn't agree more. They are the books I go to (or even LOOK at) for comfort and nostalgia and a warm, fuzzy feeling in my chest.

    Hmmm and Jumping Genres... Sigh, I'll admit: Twilight. I wasn't really INTO the YA genre before I read those. After, I was constantly searching out more YA reads. So regardless of how I feel about them now, I do have to thank them for putting me on the path to YA :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...