Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Michelle Hodkin announces third Mara Dyer novel

My love of Mara Dyer (and Noah Shaw) is well known if you have read my blog. I was hoping that there would be a third Mara Dyer novel to make the series a trilogy. Well, this week Michelle announced that the third book is officially happening and it even has a title - The Retribution of Mara Dyer.

TV

Dracula update starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers

I got really excited when I heard this was in the works. VERY excited. Right up until I heard the network that it is going to be on - NBC. I don't have anything against NBC. They even have some shows I do like. My issues is that network television will tame this down. It needs to be on HBO or something similar. When I think vampires I think sexy and when that vampire happens to be as good looking as Johnny well.....I am afraid the network might not allow as much sexiness as I would like.

Jonathan is a fantastic actor and so charming in person (yes, I've met him) and I think this casting is PERFECT. I am a little apprehensive about the synopsis though (as well as the network) so I remain hesitantly optimistic about this 10 episode mini series. I believe it will be a fall 2013 addition to the network.

OTHER

Ottawa Blogger Meet Up

A bunch of us Ottawa bloggers are meeting up tomorrow! A lovely group of ladies who are as obsessed with books as I am. Very excited to chat about what everyone has been reading and what we can not wait for.

Ontario Blogger Meet Up

A lovely group of Toronto blogger started this Ontario wide meet up that is going to take place in Nov this year. It is the second annual meet up and I am so excited to be going this year. I have already obtained my ticket for the event and the Ottawa bloggers are making plans to make a road trip out of it.

So what you are obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. A THIRD MARA DYER NOVEL. EEEEEEEEEEE!!! THE RETRIBUTION OF MARA DYER. MY SQUEE CANNOT BE CONTAINED *ridiculously excited* Now we just need The Evolution in our desperate, desperate hands *sigh*

    I've never actually read Dracula and while I'm aware of Jonathan, I can't recall seeing him in anything... but I am STILL excited! And ridiculously jealous that you've met him, because hi, he's gorgeous :D

    And I hope you have a fabulous time at your meet up!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...