Thursday, April 4, 2013

Follow Friday


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Q: Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate -- ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?

There has to be something about the book that makes me want to pick it up. I have read books that are not what I would normally read, but something about them intrigued me. It could be a review from a fellow blogger, something in the synopsis, or just something I heard about the book. I can't see myself picking up something I had no desire in reading. There are too many books out there to not read what you are drawn to.

Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I actually noticed that I try to go by blogger's reviews more but I know exactly what you mean.

    Old follower.
    http://spicedlatte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, same. Though I might desire reading books I think I will hate, just because of ONE plot element that I really dig. D: XD

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Far too many books to choose from, you are right.

    Here is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I do try to keep an open mind about what I will read, and what I won't, but I never, ever start a book if I think I'll hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree there has got to be something that interest me. I have novels just not sure how much I would like them. Love your blog. Beautiful! New Follower via GFC.

    Have a great weekend
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on this. I have no problem trying out a book that isn't my usual reading style, but there has to be a drawing factor. Usually it's rave reviews that get me curious, and then I have to check it out. Also, love the name of your blog. A glass of wine goes perfect with a good book!

    New follower here. :)
    http://erinlfunk.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about books you were assigned in school? Someone else posted about a book they had to read for class, which was something I'd never even considered... but it really added to my "Books I thought I would hate, but loved" books XD

    Old follower
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-follow-and-book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...