Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday.... Night Film


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Night Film by Marisha Pessl


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
The critically acclaimed author of Special Topics in Calamity Physics, which People hailed as a "blockbuster debut," returns with a brilliant, breathtakingly suspenseful literary thriller, Night Film.

On a damp October night, beautiful, young Ashley Cordova is found dead in an abandoned warehouse in lower Manhattan. Her death is ruled a suicide, but veteran investigative journalist Scott McGrath suspects otherwise. As he probes the strange circumstances surrounding her death, McGrath comes face-to-face with the legacy of Ashley's father: cult horror film director Stanislas Cordova. Rumored to be shuttered away in a remote Adirondack estate, Cordova remains an enigma. Though much has been written about his unsettling films, very little is known about the man himself. With the help of two strangers, McGrath is slowly drawn into Cordova's eerie, hypnotic world as he pieces together the answers: What really happened to Ashley? Who is Cordova? And once we face our deepest fears-what lies on the other side?

Night Film, the gorgeously written, spellbinding new novel by the dazzlingly inventive Marisha Pessl, will hold you in suspense until you turn the final page.
So I have been pining for this since it first came to my attention. I LOVE the sound of this, and hope it's just as twisty and insane as it sounds. I think perhaps this might be the big adult hit of 2013. It comes out just in time to be the last summer beach read before September..... can not wait.

Expected release date August 20, 2013

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect fall read - especially around Halloween...a little scary and twisted...I'm definitely adding this to my GR list.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks great. Am going to wait along with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...