Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday.....The Elite

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is The Elite by Kiera Cass


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide. 
Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.
I enjoyed The Selection quite a bit, and was intrigued by some of the political aspects in the novel. It sounds like it might be taking a darker turn, so I am excited to see what is next.

Expected release date April 23, 2013

3 comments:

  1. I just bought The Selection and can not wait to start reading! I like this cover even more then the first, it is absolutely lovely ^^

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The selection was amazing and i cannot wait to read this one! The cover... there are no words for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I really loved The Selection too! And the story left off in such an interesting place.. I can't wait to see what happens next! And the covers for both of the books are SO GORGEOUS!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...