Friday, November 16, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Marie Antoinette: Serial Killer by Katie Alender

I know NOTHING about this book or what it's about, but I want to. I am quite excited to find out more as I am already intrigued. It's a Fall 2013 release from Scholastic so I will be on the look out for more information in the new year. If you are curious, you can add it to Goodreads already.

MOVIE

The City of Bones teaser trailer



Words can not describe how much I LOVE everything about this trailer. Robert Sheehan is going to be fantastic as Simon. I am already looking forward to having my heart broken by him when certain events happen in books two and three (no spoilers!). The line at the end "Welcome to the City of Bones".... SHIVERS. Everything about it gives me chills. The book fangirl in me is reacting to a series I love being turned into a movie, and the way Jamie Campbell Bower says that line... ARGH! It's perfect.

Everything I see in the this teaser gives me hope that the movie is going to be amazing.

Mortal Instruments movie posters



I am in awe of these posters. They suit the feel of the novel so well. Everything they have been releasing so far has made me quite happy. Can it just be August already? A warning...expect this movie to show up in this post A LOT between now and August.

TV

Once Upon A Time

This should maybe be titled "obsessing about Once Upon A Time with Brodie from Eleusinian Mysteries". Brodie and I get really into this show. REALLY into it. We spent much time last season discussing who August was. This year it's all about Neal Cassady and who he might be. We send epically long emails back and forth and dissect everything. I couldn't ask for a more awesome person to do this with. If you haven't checked out the this show yet, you are missing out! Tons of hotties, and a great storyline.

OTHER

City of Bones Read Along

In the new year I will be putting together a fun read along for anyone who want to read this (or read it again) before the movie comes out in August. I am hoping to have everything up sometime in January. Looking forward to hopefully having a fantastic conversation with the Ottawa Blogettes about the book, too.

Magic Mike trading cards

Apparently in Target stores in the USA the DVD of Magic Mike comes with collector trading cards. My first reaction was to freak out and, of course, immediately want them. Christy from The Reader Bee is trying to hook me up by visiting her local Targets for me. I pretty much adore her!

So what are you obsessed with this week?

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh now I'm really excited about the City of Bones Movie too--all the excitement of the books is coming back to me!!! Thanks for sharing--I don't know why I hadn't seen the trailer yet.

    (Btw, check out our new blog hop for word-lovers: Save-a-Word Saturday.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KATHY! THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS TRAILER! I can't say I'm a fan of Cassie Clare's books, BUT. Strangely I've been really anticipating the movie and that trailer? SO EXCITED. It looks awesome! And um... yes. Yes, I wholeheartedly approve of Jamie and Jonathan (even though we only saw a glimpse of JRM... A GLIMPSE WAS ENOUGH). 2013 is going to be a brilliant movie year. I hardly ever go to the cinema, but I already have a list for next year :D

    Hehe, I LOVE discussing theories with you!! <3 We ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT NEAL. I'm off to go bombard you with new clues as soon as I finish my dinner ;)

    MAGIE MIKE. I still need to see that movie!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...