Monday, May 7, 2012

Amy Plum Interview - Romantic Top 5's


In honour of how romantic Vincent and Kate's relationship is, I thought I would ask Amy to tell us some of her most romantic movies, books, and couples.

1. Top 5 Couples from Literature: (besides Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy)
Beverly Penn and Peter Lake (Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin)
Lancelot and Guinevere (Arthurian legends)
Westley and Buttercup (The Princess Bride by William Goldman)
Arwen and Aragorn (The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein)
Tita and Pedro (Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel)

 2. Top 5 romantic movies
Bridget Jones's Diary (which I've watched an embarrassing number of times)
To Catch a Thief (Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, evening gowns, jewels, French Riviera...what more could you ask for?)
Romeo + Juliet (Leo + Claire *sighs*)
Love Actually (can't stop watching this one either...oh Colin Firth! *swoons*)
Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind (the quirky romance in this stole my heart)

 3. Top 5 love triangles (literature/movies/tv/other media)
Gale/Katniss/Peeta (Hunger Games)
Bill/Sookie/Eric (Sookie Stackhouse series)
Daniel Cleaver/Bridget Jones/Mark Darcy (Bridget Jones's Diary)
Luke/Leia/Han (Star Wars)
Newland Archer/May Welland/Ellen Olenska (Age of Innocence)

 
4. Top 5 literary crushes (book boyfriends in other words)
Eric Northman (Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris)
Aragorn (Tolkein)
Mark Darcy (Bridget Jones's Diary)
George Emerson (A Room with a View)
Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables)

5. Top 5 romantic cities
Paris
Rome
Florence
New York
Rio de Janeiro

6. Top 5 romantic books
Rebecca (Daphne du Maurier)
Like Water For Chocolate (Laura Esquivel)
Possession (A.S. Byatt)
A Room with a View (E.M. Forster)
The Age of Innocence (Edith Wharton) 

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth are definitely one of my top 5 favorite couples. Love them! Especially Mr. Darcy. :)

    Great lists!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...