Sunday, May 27, 2012

New To My Book Closet

It's that time of the week again. Time to show you what bookish goodies made their way into my home and book closet (to be saved from the evil book eating cat monster named Aria). This is inspired by the various "mailbox" posts out there (eg. In My Mailbox by The Story Siren, and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews).

I did not get any new books this week. However I did get some bookish goodies!

I won a contest that Chapters was holding on Twitter. Chapters is Canada's largest bookstore chain. They held a contest for Cassandra Clare's City of Lost Souls around the release date and part of the prize arrived this week.


A t-shirt with the cover of City of Lost Souls on it. I am waiting for the second part of the prize which is a Shadowhunter family ring replica. Very excited!

I also received a bookmark for The Dark Light from Sara Walsh (Goodreads). I had entered a contest during the YAmazing Race and Sara was kind enough to send everyone who entered her contest a bookmark.

Publishers Lunch released a BEA Buzz Books. It's little excerpts of 30 books that will be at BEA this year. I have been checking them out and I am even more excited to go now!


It has a lot of information in them, and showcases a ton of amazing sounding titles. For those that use Netgalley I believe it is still available to download if you wish to check it out.

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. So happy you're going to BEA, hope you'll have fun! i am not going to make it this year and am heartbroken about it, but oh well, next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the shirt :)

    Check out what I got at Geek Chic This Week (:D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at BEA! I also got the BEA Buzz Books mostly to read the excerpt of Denis Lehane's new book and immediately requested the full galley :) Hopefully it will be approved.
    Happy reading!

    Here's my StS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the COLS shirt! You must post a picture of the ring when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...