Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Fathomless by Jackson Pearce cover


AHHHH!!! I am a huge fairytale retelling fanatic right now and this cover.....LOVES! The Little Mermaid is one of my favourite fairytales (along with MANY others) and I love the sound of this darker take on it. Also, how am I just NOW finding out about Jackson Pearce's retellings? Bad book fan. I am getting them immediately.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer cover


This was my Waiting on Wednesday pick this week for obvious reasons. I loved the first book and these covers are some of the best I've seen. I love this photo shoot and am so glad they kept the same theme for the second book. Dying for October to get here so I can read this one! <3 Noah Shaw!

TV

Season Finale Time

This time of year always has me excited and scared. It's season finale time. Our favourite TV shows pull out all the stops and provide us with cliffhangers that make us scream at our TVs. A number of my favourite shows (Vampire Diaries, Once Upon A Time) will be ending within the next 2 weeks.

OTHER

Book Expo America

We are now in the final stretch before BEA. 1 month to go and I will be in NYC meeting up with fellow book lovers and hearing about the hot fall/winter books that are already making us drool.

Publishers Weekly released their "Must Get Galleys" list recently and I pretty much had a freak out of epic proportions. Fathomless by Jackson Pearce, Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr, Black City by Elizabeth Richards, and What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang are just some of the titles I am freaking out over. My BEA excitement is at insane levels!

So what you are obsessed with this week?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I LOVE the cover of Fathomless! So pretty! I haven't read anything by Jackson Pearce yet (though I DO own a copy of Sisters Red) so I must get on that soon.

    Squeeeeee! Seriously, no matter how many times I see Mara Dyer books around, I STILL go into fangirl mode haha.

    Like you, I'm both excited and terrified for finales. Once Upon A Time, Nikita and TVD are the ones I'll be tuning into... and I'm expecting EPIC.

    Wow, BEA has come so fast! I remember you first posting that you would be going months ago! It'll be like a kid in a candy store there hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of Fathomless too. I'm not usually a massive fan of mermaids, but that's absolutely beautiful.

    I'm excited about the finale of Once Upon A Time too! It's starting to bug me that Emma doesn't 'believe' yet, so hopefully she'll finally come around :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...