Thursday, May 17, 2012

Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Summer Break is upon us! What would be the perfect vacation spot for you to catch up on your reading & relax?

Hmm....well I am going to keep it local and list a real place I could actually go to here in Ottawa. I fully intend to go to this spot as soon as I have some free time and the weather is nice!


The Ottawa Canal has quite a few scenic spots along it where you can stop to read, picnic, or just enjoy the view. It turns into the world's largest skating rink. It's lovely to walk along as well. Can't wait to grab some delicious fruity drink and relax with my book. The only downside to this spot? It's popular and often filled with people, it takes an effort to find a quiet spot.


TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads

This weeks question is

A Book Blogger is Born: What made you decide to start your very own book blog?

I started my blog largely due to being the "go to" book person in my group of friends. I have always been asked for book suggestions (especially from penpals) and figured this was an easy way to share what I was reading and what I enjoyed. I also had read a book called Stolen by Lucy Christopher and had to review it.

Now that I am fully part of the book blogger community I am very happy I am here. I've met great people who share my love of reading and books. It's truly been an amazing experience.

Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Wow.. I think I never was that type of go-to person, but mostly because I apparently don't look like a reader. *frown*

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I'd love to go to Canada. I've only been to Victoria. I'd like to go to Vancouver, Toronto, PEI, New Foundland, Nova Scotio, Toronto, Edmonton (the mall!), Banff, and more.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so nice! I could never find a spot in my city that looked that nice to read.

    - Kim (new follower)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through :D Sounds like a nice spot!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. A picture perfect place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful picture. I too love reading by water:)

    You see my FF and BBH here:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/tgifffbbh-51812.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...