Saturday, May 26, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Some pretty covers to show you this week. Super excited about all of these books!

First up we have City of A Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster. I mentioned this one either last week or the week before in my obsessions and now we have a cover. Pretty awesome and not at all what I was expecting. If you want to learn more check out the Goodreads synopsis.


Next is what may be my favourite cover of 2012... Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr. Real fire was used to create this photograph and the result is stunning. I am SO beyond excited to get my hands on a copy of this one. If you want to learn more check out the Goodreads page.


I think the entire blogger community freaked out when this was released. It's pretty, it's eye catching and has the right feel for this series. Days of Blood and Starlight, the follow up to Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor is already on a lot of people's wish list. If you haven't added it yet, do so via Goodreads.


I love the cover for Dearly Beloved by Lia Habel. Does it match Dearly Departed? Yes and No. I am LOVING the back cover though too. It's Bram! I love the detail (the stitched lip...EPIC!) and can not wait to read this one. Check out Goodreads for synopsis info.


TV

The Following trailer

Ok, so go ahead and watch this trailer.....I'll wait.



Doesn't this show look amazing?! Press that have screened the pilot episode have been raving that it's the best pilot EVER and that has me even more excited. I love the nuance of Kevin Bacon's character not exactly being a squeaky clean detective. Did you catch the hint of a love triangle? A twisted, demented love triangle has me pretty excited. I think this is totally going to be my 'fall in love with' show of 2013. It starts in January and I am already hoping they show the pilot early somewhere.

Season Finale of Revenge

I am in love with this show. It's soapy twisty fun at it's best. If you haven't watched this season, catch up over the summer. It had one of the best season finales this year (this and Once Upon A Time rank high for me) and  I love the characters. Nolan Ross is everything that makes me happy in a TV show.

OTHER

Book Expo America

Officially 1 week away. I leave next Sunday night to head for NYC. I am super excited to be going and can't wait to share everything. I am going to break down the convention into three posts, once for each day. Look for them on Jun 12, 13 and 14.  I have blog posts planned for the Monday - Thursday while I am away so hopefully there will be no lapse in the blog. I can't wait! I have a feeling this week is going to feel VERY long.

So what you are obsessed with this week?

3 comments:

  1. OH.
    My.
    GOD
    The cover for Laini Taylor's next book looks drooliciously good. I think I might have pee myself. just a tiny little bit. How I wish I was going to BEA this year like I planned! I would be the first one to jump at the ARC!
    LOVE your weekly obsessions post, darling! I always learn new things when I stop by to check them out <3

    oooooh, loves ya <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for Carnival of Souls! I can't wait to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM FREAKING DYING FOR DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT *fangirl scream* AND CARNIVAL OF SOULS. AND DEARLY BELOVED. WAAAANT!!!!

    City of A Thousand Dolls (I love the title to) looks SO cool. If I wasn't already eager to read, the cover would definitely hook me in.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...