Thursday, May 10, 2012

Follow Friday


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Q: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother's Day, in celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?

Whoa! I am trying to think of one. I can think of a perfect father/daughter relationship. Um, I love the relationship between Clara and her mother in Unearthly and Hallowed. Her mother is present, and actually takes the time to know what is going on with her daughter.

TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads

This weeks question is

We tend to gush over those main characters the most, but what about those supporting roles? Who are some of your favorites?

I have so many. Kanin from The Immortal Rules is one for sure. Grim from The Iron Fey series. I am not sure if he counts but Magnus Bane from all of Cassandra Clare's novels would be my number one.

Happy Weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    I totally agree with your choice!

    New GFC follower

    Here's mine:
    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-friday-05102012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Answer!!
    Happy Friday!!!
    New Follower
    http://makaylas-books-galore.blogspot.ca/2012/05/feature-and-follow-fridayfeatured-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing those books around a lot so far on the hop, but unfortunately, I haven't read them and I couldn't think of one of my own. But I do have what I've done all week!

    Happy Friday!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Magnus. Yes, I think he would make one interesting protagonist, though I'm not sure if I'd want Clare to write his story. oô It would be YA after all.

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. New GFC follower! Yeah, I read TMI just for Magnus. Haven't read the Unearthly series yet, will have to soon :) My FF is here http://www.fictionflaire.blogspot.in/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Clara's mother as well! :) Happy Friday!

    Old follower,
    Stop by my FF post? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen Unearthly/Hallowed on a few Hops, I've really got to read that series soon! And oh yes, I definitely agree about Magnus - adore!

    Happy friday :)
    My Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Magnus :) *New Follower*

    Here's my FF :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great weekend.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup. Unearthly is definitely a good example! I don't really remember if it was through all the book, but the ending was the best :)

    New follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally picked Clara/Maggie from the Unearthly series too. It's refreshing to see a YA book mom take the time to get to know her kid! New follower via GFC.

    My Feature & Follow Post. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...